Cuk.ch : A+ Remote: la télécommande qui manquait à Audirvana Plus : “Il y a des fois des petites choses qui vous ravissent: cette télécommande iPhonesque en est une.”
Newsweek (Europe edition 5/15/15): “(…)this one plays every available high- resolution format. The Audirvana Plus 2 is excellent quality and for €59 it’s pretty good value.”
The modern library management features of Audirvana Plus bring strong convenience for sorting all your music tracks & albums. Helping to quickly find the piece you want to hear now, in this genre, from this artist. Or even easily perform A/B listening of the same classical piece by different performers.
The albums view to scan visually through the album cover images, or the tracks list view with its structured filter browser to quickly zero on The track in a hierarchical refining manner are very powerful tools.
But… all these need the audio files in the music library to have the proper metadata, and especially the album information ones. And this is not always the case, especially when coming from proprietary database librarian, or by just using the Finder hierarchy of file folders (and no library manager). Even more, some audio files formats like WAV, DSDIFF (.dff), are quite often missing any metadata.
The new Audirvana Plus 2.1 helps you in the on boarding to the full library management experience by:
- Understanding file folders missing album metadata as albums in the album view, enabling to see them as if they were already actual albums. Option is then proposed to convert them to albums, storing in the files the album metadata
- Retrieving all the iTunes album art information, even the one stored only in its database to have all albums with their cover image after just asking to synchronize the iTunes library. It is then proposed to save these hidden album images in the audio files metadata
- And for those not yet ready to fully benefit from the library, it is possible to temporary add files directly in the Play Queue. This can be done by either drag files, folders, .m3u playlists from the Finder, or tracks from iTunes and drop them directly in the Play Queue, or use the “Open with…” command of the Finder on audio files.
And the good news is that this new major release is free as will be all the upcoming 2.x ones for all Audirvana Plus 2 users.
Ever wondered of the sound quality improvement brought by the DSD256 native playback capability of Audirvana Plus through compatible DACs?
NativeDSD.com has made the recordings to provide this experiment and is proposing free downloads of the same recording done simultaneously in DSD64 and DSD256:
In the brave new world of High Resolution Music Downloads many music fans have asked a big question: Is there a difference in sound quality that comes from recordings made at different bit rates and different Analog to Digital Converters (ADCs)?
A Unique Opportunity
The experts at NativeDSD.com are giving you a unique opportunity to compare session files from a brand new performance of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” by the Budapest Festival Orchestra under the direction of Iván Fischer. The session was recorded at two different Direct Stream Digital (DSD) bit rates – Single Rate DSD (DSD 64fs) and Quad Rate DSD (DSD 256fs) with two of the industry’s best Analog to Digital Converters – the Grimm Audio AD1 (at DSD 64fs) and the Merging Technologies Horus (at DSD 256fs) Live in Budapest.
You can read more about The Engineers, The Recording and Comments from the Engineers in the complete version of the article, posted on Computer Audiophile: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/635-midsummer-night%92s-dream-compare-simultaneous-dsd64-and-dsd256-session-recordings/
Download and Compare!
We would like to invite you to download the files, free of charge, and hear the (potential) differences in sound quality for yourself. I look forward to reading your comments and results as a response to the article on Computer Audiophile. Make sure you tell us about your DAC, and the bit rates you listened to. And most of all, I hope you enjoy this fun exercise, and enjoy helping the folks at NativeDSD and Channel Classics make some DSD recording history!
* DSD 256 from the original Merging Horus AD converter
* DSD 128 downsampled from Horus 256
* DSD 64 downsampled from Horus 256
* DSD 64 from the original Grimm AD converter
Find the Free DSD track downloads of the session files from Mendelssohn’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream recording sessions in the Just Listen section at NativeDSD: https://justlisten.nativedsd.com/albums/mendelssohn-session
2015/05 edition of MacWelt : “Note 1.2: Sehr Gut”
L’Express (n°3306 du 12/11/2014): “Pour écouter de la musique depuis un ordinateur et ne rien perdre de la qualité des fichiers audio”
Audirvana Plus got the recognition by the Positive Feedback Writers of the best they’ve reviewed during the course of the year!
To enjoy the beautiful sound quality and efficient music cataloging, a remote app for your iPad/iPhone is the next step for the comfort use from your listening position sofa.
I’m currently working on the iOS Remote app for Audirvana Plus that will enable you to control playback of Audirvana Plus, and much more…
Streaming music source integration will come next, to give the opportunity to play from such nearly unlimited music libraries.
Qobuz, with its unique proposal of lossless streaming, will come first.
Qobuz is the first and only Hi-Fi online music service that provides access to all labels (independent and major) and all artists across all genres.
- – Unlimited music subscriptions in 16-bit/ 44.1 kHz “True CD Quality”
- – Downloading of 16-bit/ 44.1 kHz for the entire catalogue (more than 20 million titles)
- – Downloading of up to 24-bit/ 192 kHz on a large selection of “Qobuz Studio Masters” titles(more than 25,000 albums)
Qobuz also provides extensive information on catalogue releases, including thousands of digital booklets and exclusive high quality editorial content.
Qobuz aims to provide the world’s best music service, and there are currently a large number of releases and services offered exclusively by us. Access to the service is available in specific countries.
Обзор Audirvana Plus — плеер для тех, кто хочет максимума
The review is available here
Great review from IT Enquirer : Crystal-clear & perfectly manageable: Audirvana Plus 2 music player
“Now, Audirvana Plus 2.0.1 has been released, and I am starting to see the light. Audirvana Plus 2 outperforms everything else”
“With regards to the music asset management, I’m a fan, a huge fan.”
“In contrast [to other player], Audirvana Plus 2.0.1 seems not to add anything to your music — just the sound as it was recorded.”
The trial version is available to everyone, including for use on Macs that had already tried a 1.x version.
Audirvana Plus 2.0 is bringing a full featured library manager that will enable you to catalog all your music with easy to use user interface, and provide advanced metadata editing with even advanced tags like conductor, ensemble or period!
New license price will remain unchanged at $74 or €59.
Upgrade for 1.x owners will be at a low $39 or €31.
(Note that VAT may apply for purchases in European countries)
And the upgrade will be free for users who have purchased v1.5 since August 1st, 2014
Stay tuned for the 2.0 release in the very next few days!
Among recent great reviews on Audirvana Plus:
- Hifi & records (Ausgabe 3/2013): “Klanglich ist Audirvana derzeit wohl der Mac-Player mit der hôchsten Transpa- renz und der schônsten Feinzeichnung.”
- Vous et Votre Mac (N°89, mai 2013): “il est difficile de prendre en défaut Audirvana Plus. Ses concurrents n’ont pas d’arguments plus percutants, alors qu’ils affichent un placement tarifaire plus élitiste. C’est donc un logiciel que je vous recommande chaudement.”
- PC Advisor May 2013: “If you enjoy music from your computer, you owe it to your ears to hear how Audirvana Plus can nurture the hidden sound of your ripped collection.”
- Positive Feedback (Issue 67, May/June 2013): “I’m settling on Audirvana Plus as my new standard. I can’t think of a higher compliment”
- AudioHolics review (August 2013) : “On the Mac, the clear sound quality winner, to me, was Audirvana”
- HighResMac 18.09.2013: “ist Audirvana Plus sicher einer der besten Player am Markt und mein persönlicher Favorit”
With more than 75% of the votes, Audirvana Plus has been awarded “2012 Product of the Year Readers Choice” by the reference site for all that concerns attaining audiophile quality with the convenience of a computer.
Thanks to all the members of this terrific audiophile site, and special thanks its founder, Chris Connaker
Another great review from IT Enquirer, giving a 10/10 to Audirvana Plus.
“The resulting sound was nothing short of breathtaking”
“the best sound characteristics I have heard in years, and certainly the best of what digital music players can offer”
Direct Mode has arrived with release 1.4, and this is marking a strong step forward in the quest for the ultimate sound quality, always with very strong stability (so much that I’ve got reports Audirvana Plus is now used in large live performances with thousands of spectators!)
This is now a long way since 1.0 was released, with the iTunes integration, the SACD ISO playbacks with cataloguing in iTunes (along with all numerous playable file formats), and now Direct Mode. 1.5 (still free upgrade) will bring AU/VST plugins support for applying filters including room correction, and multichannel.
This is why its price for all new customers (the 1.x upcoming upgrades will remain free for current customers) is adjusted to be on par with the new standard set by Audirvana Plus in sound quality on the Mac platform. It is still at a very competitive position compared to competition, set at 59€ or 74$
And as we are entering the Holiday Season, there is a strong discount until January 5th, that makes Audirvana Plus price stay at 39€ or 49$ for any new orders.
Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!