PC users can now use Audirvana Plus for Windows 10 on “Download the 15 days Free Trial Version”
Do not hesitate to watch the following video “How to get your Music in Audirvana Plus for Windows 10”
- Please note you may get a Windows SmartScreen warning as this is a new application for Microsoft.
And if you don’t have .Net 4.7.1 installed, it may want to reboot your PC to get it installed.
- If, after many attempts, you still cannot install Audirvana Plus on your Windows 10, you could go to Windows Security Center Settings, Virus and Threat Protection, Ransomware Protection, and then turn off controlled access to files (even momentarily).
The remote control (A+ Remote) will be able to control an upcoming release of Audirvana Plus for Windows 10.
Edited: Audirvana Plus for Windows 10 version 1.0 has now been released!
You can download the trial version here
Audirvana Plus for Windows 10 is now available as a public beta on Audirvana Forum
You need to register on the forum in order to get access to the Section “Beta Windows” :
- with the download link to the Beta Version
- installation instructions
- a tutorial video “How to import your music in Audirvana Plus for Windows 10”
Note that this is still a Beta Version, with remaining limitations listed in the download instructions post. The objective of the beta is to find the last issues to fix before commercial release.
Feel free to post your feedbacks on the forum.
-The acclaimed great Sound Quality of Audirvana Plus is coming soon to your PC. THE audiophile software for Mac will soon be available for PC running Windows 10 and with a new User Interface..
Audirvana Plus 3.5 for macOS El Capitan (and later) will get this new User Interface very soon. The upgrade will be free for Audirvana Plus 3 license owners.
Feel free to watch the video to see what this new user interface will look like:
NEW in Audirvana Plus 3.2: New Ultra High Quality Upsampling Algorithm available, SoX
How To use it:
- Go to the Audio Filters page of Audirvana Plus preferences
- Select SoX as the sample rate converter algorithm
- Select one of the forced upsampling options (e.g. power of two, or DSD)
If wished, you can tune the SoX parameters as you can do with iZotope SRC (e.g. bandwidth/cutoff slope, anti-aliasing, phase)
Free Upgrade for any customer who already purchased Audirvana Plus 3
Enjoy the music!
Watch the interview of Damien PLISSON, CEO and Founder of Audirvana about future developments of Audirvana Plus…
Audirvana received a Special prize as “MASTERPIECE 2017 – PRODUITS LES PLUS REMARQUÉS DU FESTIVAL” during the Festival Son & Image 2017.
Audirvana 3.1 now enables to play to UPnP/DLNA network players to benefit from the great sound quality of Audirvana Plus even when the Mac is not directly connected to the audio system.
Audirvana Plus 3.1 was developed:
– thanks to the help and close collaboration with the Pioneer & Onkyo Group who actively participated in the development of this new version of the software by providing support including a wide range of representative models of network players (Pioneer N-70AE, Pioneer N-50AE, Pioneer N-30AE, Pioneer N-70A, Pioneer N-50A, Onkyo NS-6130) and the Home Cinema Receiver VSX-1131.
– and in close collaboration with the manufacturer Sonore who allowed the compatibility of the following products (microRendu, ultraRendu, Sonicorbiter SE, Signature Rendu SE)
In order to easily identify the network players that have been tested and certified as compatible with Audirvana Plus 3.1, Audirvana Plus created a new sticker called « Works With Audirvana Plus ».
Audirvana Plus 3.1 is available for:
- $74 (or €64 excl. VAT) for new customers
- $39 (or €34 excl. VAT) for any Audirvana Plus user of a previous version – Audirvana Plus 1 or Audirvana Plus 2
- Free Upgrade for any customer who already purchased Audirvana Plus 3
With Audirvana Plus 3.1 your audio files can be sent to a network player to benefit from the sound quality of Audirvana Plus even when you Mac is not hooked to your audio system.
Audirvana Plus 3.1 prepares the working process of the network player:
- Any PCM format audio file is sent to a non-compressed WAV format thus, avoiding the network reader from performing decompression calculations potentially harmful to the sound quality,
- Any DSD format audio file can be transmitted directly decompressed (or transcript to PCM if the network drive does not support the DSD)
- The MQA decoding is performed before being sent to the network drive, thus enabling the network reader to read the Hi-Res content of the MQA file.
- All audio filters (such as “Upsampling to PCM and DSD”, “AudioUnits effects” (e.g. for equalization and digital room correction)) are available.
- Please note “realtime setting of AudioUnits” is not available when playing to a network player.
The public beta can be downloaded from Audirvana “beta 3.1” forum. And you can also report your test findings there.
Please note: The MQA devices automatic detection is now optional.
If you have a MQA DAC, you need to enable it in the Audio System page of the preferences as shown in the screenshot below:
This is needed as the “are you MQA able?” request send to some DACs make their USB interface crash.
This option will be removed and the automatic detection always active when this incompatibility issue is fixed.
This release also brings other bug fixes:
- Fix MQA decoding not done when playing to Mytek Stereo 192-DSD
- Fix legacy iTunes integrated mode not playing correct track
- Remove TIDAL deprecated Discovery category
- Fix SysOptimizer reinstallation on Sierra
Audirvana Plus 3, announced at CES 2017, is the first audiophile player that integrates the MQA Core Decoder, enabling:
- MQA capable audio devices to benefit from the complete MQA audio quality. In this case Audirvana Plus continues to bring the strongly audible Sound Quality improvement of its optimized audio engine.
- Non MQA capable audio devices to benefit from the high resolution (doubled sample rate compared to the encoded file one) thanks to the MQA decoder integrated in Audirvana Plus 3. In this case, Audirvana Plus brings, in addition to the general Sound Quality improvement, the decoding of the MQA file that would be played only at little above CD quality otherwise, losing all its high resolution benefits.
Any MQA file (in FLAC, or other container) will benefit from Audirvana Plus 3 decoder, whether it is in the local library, or read from a streaming service such as TIDAL master.
What is MQA?
MQA is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that delivers master quality audio in a file that’s small enough to stream or download. What’s more, it’s backwards compatible, so will play on any device. And because it’s fully authenticated, you can be sure you’re hearing exactly what the artist approved in the studio.
The price in euro may be increased to follow the EUR/USD exchange rate variation.
For those who are attending CES, pay attention to the Macs demoing MQA, you will see the pre-release of Audirvana Plus 3 in action:
2016 has been a great year for Audirvana Plus, with major new features:
- TIDAL and HIGHRESAUDIO VirtualVault complete integration
- Rewritten database engine bringing strong improvements in the library manager performance and reliability. And this makes navigation a breeze even with huge database as it has been proven with a 270k+ tracks library
- Multiple Artists per tracks, albums, names for sort, Full Text Search, Hyperlink Navigation within the whole library as in streaming services catalogs
- PCM to DSD upsampling, in stereo and multichannel
- Automatic volume leveling between tracks or whole albums (ReplayGain)
- Loudness Dynamic Range analysis using the EBU R128 standard, and the DR rating
Stay tuned for great new features and innovation in Audirvana Plus in 2017!
The new release 2.6 is now available. That is a free update for any user of Audirvana Plus version 2.
This update includes:
- Improvements in the library manager performance (proven with a 270k tracks library) and reliability, thanks to the rewritten database engine
- ReplayGain and Loudness Dynamic Range analysis
- Management of multiple artists per track or album
- Sort names for artists names, tracks and albums titles
- Full Text Search and Hyperlink Navigation within the whole library
You’ll find the details on this update in Audirvana Plus 2.6 Update.
“Audirvana Plus 2 is an excellent choice for access to Tidal (…) the audio quality is beyond any doubt. Crisp heights, warm mids, full basses, all transparent and authentic, as well as other recordings and listening opportunities – anyone who is thinking about a Tidal subscription can rely on Audirvana.”
Read more on HighResMac
Apple has just released macOS 10.12 Sierra that has a regression that breaks Direct Mode.
- Until they fix it, or I find a user friendly workaround, you have to disable Direct Mode (option in Audio System page of preferences) to get playback to start. In Audirvana Plus 2.5.4, it is disabled by default.
- If you are Terminal-savvy, there is a way to get it back: you can replace the faulty kernel extension of 10.12, IOAudioFamily.kext, located in /System/Library/Extensions, by the one from El Capitan 10.11.6, if you have a backup. You may need to disable SIP during this replacement operation.
Other than this Apple regression that breaks Direct Mode, Audirvana Plus 2.5.4 is fully compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra.
Enjoy this video that shows the new features for Browsing and Discovering Music in TIDAL.
It shows the navigation features in the just released Audirvana Plus 2.5.3:
- All albums titles, artists names are hyperlinks to show the whole album, artist albums
- Albums descriptions with embedded hyperlinks
- Artists biographies with embedded hyperlinks
- All people involved in albums, with hyperlinks for most
- Artists related to the displayed one (influencers, followers, similar)
- Top tracks of the displayed artist
Starting with Audirvana Plus release 2.5.1
This is the ultimate step in upsampling to send to the DAC the closest signal to the one used internally in its DAC chip immediately before the conversion to analog. This enables, with native DSD compatible DACs, to bypass all digital filters and processing done in the DAC chip by those done by Audirvana Plus.
The Mac computer CPU is much more powerful than the DAC chip and thus enables to use much more sophisticated upsampling algorithms to give strongly increased sound quality.
Please note that some very loud tracks have hard clipping. This can create trouble with the sigma-delta modulator that leads to one second of silence on one channel. If this happens, can you first try to set a lower value for the « Safe volume reduction before DSD upsampling » like -3dB? This should help as this rare issue is more likely to happen with very loud tracks.
Enjoy the new great improvement in sound quality!
With a DSD compatible DAC, there a new Forced upsampling option in the Audio Filters page of the preferences.
You can tune the output both the iZotope advanced filter settings, and the type of DSD filter.